Monday, November 23, 2009

On my way back...

I just sat in an (optional) workshop for the LSAT. It was 3 hours of fun! lol! Actually, no it wasn't. So, the workshop focused on the Reading Comprehension section of the exam. Call me crazy or delusional, but I needed to be there. I know I must study for this exam for the next 6-7 months in order to do well. (FYI: Most students study for 3 months max, for this exam.) So, why do I do this? Cause if I ever want to make it back, then I know I have to put ALL I've got into it, just to have a chance - if this is indeed my one last great chance - to do well.

Its been 6 years since I graduated college. I've lost a step or two of brain power. But what I've got left + maturity + wisdom = a great LSAT score (hopefully). And that's all I can count on or wish for. With all the work in front of me + Dream Act Activism + my parents store + landlord + etc, it feels overwhelming. (And it really is.) But, I can't tell you how much it would mean to me to be able to do ALL this things in the next year or so. It really is indescribable. If I could only study and succeed at everything, then I wouldn't worry. However, you're never guaranteed anything, even with the best game plan. And all these things will keep me worried late at night, as it should, for the next year. So I guess that's life. You just never know how things will turn out, even with your greatest efforts. I think you have to do the best you can, when you can. And I think that those who are determined to succeed are the ones that "we" look up to. I just hope to be that guy, one of those days. I would even say its a goal of mine to do "remarkable" stuff. To be a great person, you have to great things, I would say.

I've got much studying to do. There's something I've mentioned before called the LSAT that's just another 4 hour exam. Likewise, there goes my "freedom". Oh LSAC, (the Law School Admission Council, the ones who make potential law students lives miserable), you also know how to "control" our lives as well. And the fact that we pay you, makes it more sad. (I actually laughed at all this, but then, didn't understand why this was funny. Oh well.)

(Back to room, studying...)

No comments:

Post a Comment