Monday, August 17, 2009

Kissed by an Angel

Today, I was just sitting down and reading the newspaper, when I noticed a cute and cuddly 3 year old standing in front of me. His name is Leonardo, but I call him "boo-pa" and I think its stuck because I've noticed his parents calling him the same thing. lol! So, he had gotten out of his stroller to run up to me and talk. Of course, we have known each other for a year or so. His parents are very good customers at the grocery store. Also, I had known them for years before the little guy came along. And with almost every 3 year olds, he was speaking gibberish. He started talking, as soon as I put down the newspaper.

Boo-pa: Hi, Davey. (David is my father's name, but he confuses me with my father. Even though, he sees me more often and we play/chat/run around together.)

Me: Hey! (Arms open, signaling for a hug.)

Boo-pa: (moves closer, then suddenly kisses me on the neck! I think he missed my cheek, lol!)

Me: (stunned) Thank you?! (and I continue to hug him. Then he tells me about his day, walking around. Which is generally the extent of our conversation.)

And of course, we have our interactions in front of his parents. They often tell me what he really does and what he learns in daycare. So its all good. I think its just cute, that kids like Boo-pa can give hugs and kisses to people they like. Of course, I'm not saying they should do that with everyone. But there's something to be said, when you do get hugs and kisses from little children. Also, when they want to run up to you, talk and sing and dance right in front of you, it does say a lot about how they "see" you. :-)

And I end with this bible verse, it reminded me of Boo-pa and other children I've met and interacted with over the years...

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

And I hope to have a Boo-pa, one day too!

1 comment:

  1. I love kids. Thanks for writing about your experiences, good to know I'm not alone. I'm impressed by your activism and wish you the best. Hopefully immigration reform becomes a reality soon and you get to go to law school as well :)

    ReplyDelete